Monday 10 November 2008

Barak Obama

I was pleased to see Barak Obama elected, but I don't usually trust politicians... they talk the talk before they gain power, but then find excuses not to do things after. or sometimes they find their good intentions just ain't gonna happen. Obama seems like a decent enough guy. Maybe he is... time will tell.

Some people seem to think he might be a champion of the oppressed just because he's black. Me, I think that view's possibly racist. There's no reason why a black guy can't be two-faced and a liar, is there? If whites can be arrogant and self-serving, why not blacks too?

And look at Mugabe in Zimbabwe. He's black. And he's a right bastard. I'm not saying Obama is going to be like Mugabe; I'm just saying there's no reason to be misty-eyed and trustful just because of the colour of Obama's skin.

Oh, well. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment