Sunday 29 November 2009

Twitter

I'm signed up to Twitter but I don't use it very often. I agreed with UK politician David Cameron when he said that "the trouble with Twitter, the instantness of it - too many twits might make a twat."

That was back in July and he apologised for his language - seemingly, he didn't know that 'twat' is a potentially-offensive term - but I thought he was on the case, there.

I've just unsubscribed from the 'twibes' (groups) feature, as I was getting swamped by junk. Now, I'll only see tweets from those I'm personally following.

The twibe comment that prompted me into updating this blog was "Social media is a tidal wave. Ride the wave or be crushed."

The surfing analogy I'd use is, I'd rather relax on the beach. There may be a bunch of twats
posturing with their boards a little way down the beach, and I might glance at them occasionally, but otherwise I'll ignore them. Hope they sober up and go home.

[10162]

No comments:

Post a Comment